What is AREDS 2?
And what does it mean for your eye health?
The AREDS2 results were published May 5, 2013 by the National Eye Institute in the Journal of the American Medical Association. The publication of these results can be found here: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1684847
- A modified AREDS Formula with both Lutein and Zeaxanthin, but without beta-carotene, was 18% more effective than AREDS 1.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin absorption was improved when beta-carotene was removed from the formula.
- Beta carotene was proven to increase lung cancer in former smokers.
- No significant decrease in benefit was found with 25 mg Zinc versus 80 mg.
- Omega 3s were not found to be beneficial in Grade 3 and 4 macular degeneration patients.
- Vitamin E 400 IU risk: 1.6 (higher risk)
- Selenium 200 mcg risk: 0.8 (lower risk)
- Vitamin E plus Selenium risk: 0.4 (much lower risk)
- 50% more Lutein
- 138% more Zeaxanthin
To read more about VisiVite AREDS2 Plus+ Formula, visit this page: https://www.shopvisivite.com/products/visivite-areds-2-plus-gold-formula.